WhatsApp re-download deleted media – This update was recently added if I’m not mistaken and it appears to work for all the media files.
WhatsApp is working and improving daily and I’m very sure they are soon going to curb the issue of spreading fake news via the app.
There are plenty of times when you delete media from your galleries stored by apps like WhatsApp because you are running out of storage only to find out later that you need to the check that image again.
The good news is that WhatsApp can re-download deleted media that was deleted from the device’s storage.
How do I recover WhatsApp deleted media (Pictures, videos, mp3 etc)
This new feature is currently working on deleted images, gifs, documents, video, and audio files, which means you can get back whatever you had deleted previously from your phone’s storage (through the gallery or a file manager, not from WhatsApp itself).
Go back to the conversation in WhatsApp and you’ll find the blurred thumbnail there with a download button again. Tap it, and you’ll have your images back. I’ve tested it with images, GIFs, videos, audio, and documents, so you should be able to get back anything you mistakenly erased.
To get this new feature if it’s not already active on your device, download the latest WhasApp
version 2.18.205 here or from Google play store.
Other latest features recently added are the Admin Power , Media Visibility and Group audio calls.
We are still expecting more updates in the coming weeks.
- New Feature: Now You Can Play YouTube Videos Right Inside WhatsApp
- WhatsApp Latest Feature: Demote Or Dismiss As Admin For Group Chat
- WhatsApp Latest update: Improved Change Number Feature
- WhatsApp Latest Update: Restrict, Group Calling and Announcement Feature
- WhatsApp Latest Feature – Mute Button In Notification
- New Update On Whatsapp As Users Can Now Delete Messages After One Hour