Thierry Henry believes Chelsea signing Tiemoue Bakayoko is a good technical player despite his reputation as a midfield destroyer.
The French midfielder made his Premier League debut in Chelsea’s 2-1 win against Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley last weekend.
Bakayoko was rushed into the Blues team despite a lack of preparation after recovering from a serious knee operation earlier this summer.
The 23-year-old excelled in the Chelsea despite a lack of match fitness to help the Blues win the midfield battle and secure three points.
The summer signing was a second-half substitute in Chelsea’s 2-0 win against Everton at Stamford Bridge on Sunday afternoon.
Bakayoko established himself as one of the best midfielders in the Champions League last term thanks to his robust performances for AS Monaco.
Former Arsenal striker Henry believes there is more Bakayoko’s game than just being a ball winner.
“He showed [that he sees the midfield picture]he does with Monaco last year,” Henry toldSky Sports.
“Playing in Champions League in big games away from home helped him understand what was going to happen today.
“He is good on the ball. Is he Bernardo Silva on the ball? Maybe not. But he’s good on the ball.”
Bakayoko was one of four summer signings at Stamford Bridge following the arrivals of Willy Caballero, Alvaro Morata and Antonio Rudiger.
Chelsea won the Premier League title with two games to spare after finishing seven points clear of their closest title rivals Tottenham.
- See Photos Of Thierry Henry Crowned ‘Igwe Of Football’ As He Visits Lagos
- Check This Out: New Chelsea signing celebrates 3-0 win over Arsenal
- See Arsenal Boss Warning To Chelsea Fans About Morata
- Chelsea Backed Up By Insider To Make 24-year-old Striker Their First Summer Signing
- See The 5 Chelsea Stars To Miss Arsenal Pre-season Friendly In China
- See What Chelsea Ace Morata Said About Fans Critics