Asus ZenFone 5 will trick most people into believing you have an ipPhone X
It needed to take place: Android phone makers are adopting the iPhone X’s notch.
One of the first predominant producers to do it is Asus, whose ZenFone 5 is a dead ringer for Apple’s flagship, with a notch on the top bezel that hides the selfie camera, sensors, and speaker.
Yes there are differences: with a 6.2-inch screen, the ZenFone 5 is larger than the iPhone X. Its notch is a bit narrower, and its bottom bezels is a bit larger than the one that comes with the iPhone X (there is no fingerprint sensor there, although — it resides on the other side of the phone).
All through a pre-briefing in Barcelona, an Asus rep pushed aside inevitable questions about copying Apple. “one should say that Apple is copying the Essential phone and its notch,” he said.
Be that as it could, this smartphone will honestly make at the least some passers-by think you have got an iPhone X, so if that floats your boat, the ZenFone 5 might be an excellent match.
Inside, you’ll get a Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor — not the best but not too bad, either — up to 6GB of RAM, and a 12-megapixel camera with some AI tricks, including scene recognition (similar to what we saw on the Huawei Mate 10 and the LG V30s). The pricing for the ZenFone was not released.
Asus also has a more powerful version of the device, called the ZenFone 5Z, but we didn’t get to see that one during the pre-brief — we’ll update this article when we get its specs.
- See This 3 Things The iPhone 8 Can Do That The iPhone X Cannot Do
- Leaked Photos Of The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S Look Almost Like The iPhone X – See Pictures
- iPhone X Has Been Cloned By Chinese Company, Oukitel And It Costs Less Than N60,000
- iPhone Users Get Yourself Ready As Apple Prepare To Release Largest iPhone
- Here Are The 3 Smartphones Aside The iPhone X With Face ID Recognition Technology
- See First Phone To Have 5G Network