Neymar, PSG striker and the world’s most expensive footballer, has lambasted FC Barcelona chiefs.
He spoke in reaction to Tuesday’s lawsuit against him by the board.
Neymar said: “I am disappointed with them (Barcelona directors) I spent four very happy years there and left happy, but not with them.
“For me they shouldn’t be in charge of Barcelona. Barca deserve much better and everyone knows this.”
Barcelona is asking for 8.5 million euros ($10 million) for breach of contract.
They want Neymar to return the bonus he was paid when he signed a new five-year deal nine months before joining Paris St Germain.
The Catalans are asking for an additional 10 per cent payment due to a delay in their demands being met.
“Barcelona have taken these actions in defense of their interests, after Neymar’s contract was rescinded just a few months after he signed on until 2021,” a club statement said.
- PSG send a very sassy reply to Barcelona’s statement about suing Neymar
- Neymar finally opens up on why he dumped Barcelona for PSG
- Club officials react as Barcelona players pictured celebrating with Neymar
- What Neymar’s departure means for Barcelona – Zidane
- Neymar Sends A Message To New Barcelona Signing
- Neymar Asks UEFA To Expel Barcelona From Champions League Over £23m Loyalty Debt