The General Manager in charge of Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) known as Divine Love for the Disabled and Needy Initiative (DLDNI) based in the Federal Capital Territory, Evang. Kindness John, has said that plans are underway to empower two million youths financially.
John, who disclosed this in an interview with newsmen during the sensitization seminar organized for the youths on Wednesday in Gwagwalada, also said that three thousand youths had already registered with NGO for the empowerment scheme.
She pointed out that her leadership had appointed fourteen (14) directors who were charged with the responsibility of supervising the youths whenever the funds were being released to them.
She therefore commended the Nigerian government for its effort to empower the youths in the country.
Also speaking, one of the directors in charge of NGO, Igunboro Christiana said the funds would be released to the youths based on their business plans.
Christiana pointed out that the main target of the NGO was to uplift the living standard of the youths in order not to depend on the government for anything.
On his part, the programme manager in charge of DLDNI, Mr. Ocheche Garuba explained that if the funds are being given out to the youths, they are not expected to pay back the money.
This according to him, the funds are released to empower the youths to set up their businesses. Garuba, however, advise the youths to make use of the money judiciously to improve their lives for better.
- Great News – Alexa Is Coming To The Amazon App On Android, Starting This Week
- £27.5m Man United Midfielder Set To Agree A Deal To Leave The Club
- Good News As NYSC To Launch Job Portal Soon
- Nigeria Gets $486m As Loan From World Bank To Improve Electricity Transmission
- Violence erupts in APC rally as youths stone governor, Senator, dignitaries (photos/video)
- REAKING: Tension In National Assembly, As Saraki Set To Resign Today – Aprokopikin