THE GALAXY S9 is just a month away from becoming official, with Samsung having confirmed that its 2018 flagship will see a launch at MWC in February.
It’s unlikely the impending unveiling will have many surprises in store, though, as we already know a hell of a lot about the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus, courtesy of the online rumour mill.
We’ve rounded up everything we know about the handset so far below.
– 5.8in / 6.2in QHD+ Super AMOLED curved display (570ppi / 529ppi)
– Android 8.0
– Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (US) / Samsung Exynos (UK)
– 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM
– 64GB/128GB / 64GB/128GB/256GB storage
– Cat 18 LTE support (1.2Gbps download speeds)
– Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
– 12MP Dual Pixel camera with OIS (f/1.5, f/2.4) / Vertical dual rear-facing camera
– Bixby AI assistant with dedicated button
– USB-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
– Wireless charging support
– IP68 water and dust resistance
– Built-in FM radio
– Updated DeX docking station
Samsung has confirmed that the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus will launch at MWC in February.
According to a leak via Evleaks (below), this launch will take place on 26 February, with pre-orders to begin just days later on 1 March. Samsung will reportedly start shipping the S9 two weeks later on 16 March.
There’s no word yet on pricing for the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus. If anything like the S8, expect handsets to fetch around £689 and £779 SIM-free.
- Check Out The Leaked Specifications Of The Soon To Be Release Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung flags off pre-order for Galaxy S8 and S8+
- Comparison Between Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S8: Battery, Camera, Speaker
- Jumia Mobile Week Treasure Hunt Brings Samsung Galaxy S9 For A Cheaper Price !
- Know This! The Samsung Galaxy S9 Comes With An Extreme Screen-To-Body Ratio
- Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus (2018) Specs And Price