The downvotes feature is not in any way related to dislike that people have been craving for or a look alike of Reddit upvotes and downvotes.
However, the “ downvote ” button Facebook is testing will help clean up some of the hateful comments and fake news posts that are currently wreaking havoc on the social media platform.
The downvote button will eventually appear in the area where you would normally “ Like ” a post or reply to a comment. When tapped, the downvote button hides a comment, and gives users additional reporting options like ” Offensive “, ” Misleading”, and ” Off Topic “. Those could help Facebook figure out if the comment is objectionable, a form of ” fake news “, or just irrelevent.
Here is a look at a comment with “downvote” option;
According to Facebook, the feature test will affect about 5% of Android users who have “English” set as the default language in the app. The downvote button, for right now, only appears on public Page posts, not on Groups posts or those from individual users.
But the new downvote button is the closest Facebook has come to actually giving people a dislike button.
- Mourinho Lament Fake News About Pogba’s Injury Report
- Facebook Cheat, Trick On How To View Photos On Facebook Free Mode
- WhatsApp Latest Feature – Mute Button In Notification
- YouTube is testing a new look for desktop and mobile users – APROKOPIKIN
- Facebook Hits Two Billion User Mark – APROKOPIKIN
- WARNING: One Million People Downloaded Fake WhatsApp