The cold war between Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola and his Ondo State counterpart, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu (SAN), may soon escalate following the attack on the Osun State Commissioner for Regional Integration, Mr. Bola Ilori, in Akure, Ondo State.
Ilori, who is an indigene of Ondo town and a serving commissioner in Osun State, was attacked by some hoodlums in Akure on Thursday during an All Progressives Congress meeting on restructuring.
Reacting to the attack on Ilori, Aregbesola, in a statement issued by his media aide, Mr. Sola Fasure, described the attack as “barbaric,” saying it was an indirect attack on the people of Osun State whom Ilori represented at the forum.
The governor’s aide claimed that Ilori was exposed to danger by some top government officials who had certain issues with him, saying the Ondo State Government failed to protect him and other delegates from Osun State.
Aregbesola’s media aide also described as “undiplomatic” the statement credited to the Ondo State Commissioner for Information, Mr. Yemi Olowolabi, who accused the Osun delegates as “aggressors” who came to the venue to disrupt the meeting.
- Monkeypox: Era of avoiding excessive handshake is here again – Akwa Ibom commissioner
- Aprokopikin – PDP crisis: North East members beg Jonathan over reconciliation collapse
- BREAKING NEWS! Lagos State Commissioner Of Police Who Ordered For Davido’s Arrest Has Been Fired
- How Military Officials Use Boko Haram Crisis To Loot Funds – APROKOPIKIN
- Court sentences 4 to death for stealing Okada in Osun – APROKOPIKIN
- BREAKING: Three Rotting Human Heads, Other Parts Found in Building in Osun Community