Floyd Mayweather has won the fight against loudmouth Conor McGregor in the 10th round, with the referee having to save the Irish challenger from further punishment.
The American now has a 50-0 record.
Boxing pundits never expected the fight to go the distance, but McGregor lived up to his promise to shock the boxing world.
But in the end Mayweather was just too good.
The end came early in the 10th round. Mayweather attacked again and referee Robert Byrd dived in to save McGregor from any more punishment.
The fight which was delayed because of pay-per-view issues started 5.14 am.
Conor McGregor had control of the first three rounds, doing most of the footwork, with his more experienced opponent Mayweather being overly cautious.
He took control in the 4th round as McGregor appeared to have tired himself out.
In round eight McGregor already looked like a man whose energy had been sapped out of him, and his punches did not cause even a flinch of pain from Mayweather, who appeared to be toying with his opponent at that moment.
Floyd Mayweather has won all 50of his professional fights, so far.
Conor McGregor has never boxed professionally before today and won 21 of 24 MMA fights.
- Floyd Mayweather Shows Off His Wine Cellar And Watches In His New $26million Mansion
- Chicharito Must Be Stopped To beat Mexico – Henrichs
- Coach sacked for leading team to beat opponent 25-0
- Clash of legends: Man Utd beat Barcelona 3-1
- Man Beat Son To Death In Rivers
- Ghana 0-2 Nigeria: Super Eagles Beat Black Stars