Remembered we earlier talked about Admin super powers coming to WhatsApp that gives group administrators more powers where they would be able to restrict all other members from sending text messages, photographs, videos, GIFs, documents or voice messages.
The popular mobile messaging platform has submitted the Restricted Groups setting via Google Play Beta Programme in the version 2.17.430.
For now WhatsApp as activated a new feature called “Demote as admin”. The new feature will allow one administrator to “demote” or “dismiss” other administrators, without first deleting them from the group and then adding again as normal participants.
Before now, when an administrator wants to remove a fellow administrator from the post, it is required to first directly remove the concerned administrator from the group and then add him or her again.
But you don’t need to do that with the new feature since it allows an administrator to dismiss another one without removing him or her from the group.
It is currently available for WhatsApp beta testers on iOS and Android version 2.18.12 and will soon be rolled out to normal WhatsApp users.
If you are a beta tester and a group admin, update your WhatsApp to the latest and you’ll see the new features visible.
- WhatsApp Latest Update: Restrict, Group Calling and Announcement Feature
- Register Your WhatsApp Group or Risk Being Arrested
- WhatsApp Latest Update New Group Features Rolling Out
- WhatsApp Latest Feature – Mute Button In Notification
- WhatsApp To Include This Long-Awaited Feature
- WhatsApp Latest Feature – You Can Now Re-download Deleted Media