Last year passed by without seeing any TECNO device adopt the new elongated display style (18:9). Well, that is about to change as the first smartphone from the Shanghai-based company comes packing a 5.65-inch display in an 18:9 aspect ratio. The company has been on social media teasing their new smartphone with the tagline, “See More”, definitely referring to the new display.
In case you’re from the stone age, most phones have a 16:9 aspect ratio display bordered by significant bezels, the new 18:9 aspect ratio means the phone’s display is slightly longer than usual and this has been achieved by killing the bezels around the phone. Thus, generally, 18:9 displays mean the phone will have a larger display and a smaller body.
Dubbed the Camon CM, this new TECNO smartphone comes with the following features:
- 5.65″ 720p Full Vision Display covered in Gorilla Glass
- MediaTek MT6737 Processor (Quad-Core)
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB Internal Storage
- 13 MP Front Camera with Screen Flash and LED Flash + 13 MP Back Camera with Quad Flash
- 4G and VoLTE support (including Band 28)
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 3050 mAh Battery
- USB Type-C Port
- Android 7.0 with HiOS 2.0 on top.
Interestingly, the device was launched in India as the Camon i; we don’t know why the company is launching the phone under a different name but the specs are completely identical. Nigeria is set to get the phone (Camon CM) sometime this week while here in Kenya, we are yet to get any word on the availability, all we know is that is launches this January and will probably cost around Ksh.20,000 if the Nigerian price is to go by.
The Camon CM will set precedence for what we should expect from TECNO smartphones this year. However, the CM is just a special edition smartphone that is meant to show that they (TECNO) too can make 18:9 display phones, the main Camon smartphone for this year will be launching later on and I hear it is a beauty to look at.
- TECNO Camon CM Impressions – What You Need To Know About The 18:9 Displays
- Tecno Camon C7 Specifications, Review and Price
- Here Are Some Notable Smartphones Under 25K With An 18:9 Display
- Tecno Camon i Sky With Face ID And Android 8.1 Oreo: Review, Specs And Price
- Glass Protective Won’t Work Properly On Smartphone With A Fingerprint Reader In The Display
- Pre-order Camon CX Without Any Hitch At An Affordable Price