The kickoff times have been changed for both UEFA Champions league and Europa League.
The CL matches which generally kick off at 7.45pm (GMT) will now kick off at 5.55pm or 8 pm. And this will additionally apply to the Europa League. The modifications will, however, be effected next season (2018-19).
In the Premier league, the top 4 teams will immediately go to the group stage in place of what was going on before, where the 4th team had to go through a qualifier to attain the group stages. Same rules apply to teams from Italy, Germany, and Spain. This change therefore means there will be 26 automatic qualifiers, an increase on the current 22.
Two teams from England, Italy, Germany, and Spain will play in the Europa League.
Every group removed from the Champions League qualifiers gets a chance to qualify for the Europa League, with ten teams coming into the competition via this route.
- UEFA Champions League Draw: See Which Team Are In The ‘Group Of Death’
- See Why Arsenal Made A Transfer Record To Sign Lacazette From Lyon
- See The Two Africans That Made The Forbes Top 100 Greatest Living Business Minds
- Top 5 Worst Record Label Signings Ever Made In The Nigerian Music Industry (See The Artistes)
- UEFA Champions League final could be played under closed roof
- Neymar Asks UEFA To Expel Barcelona From Champions League Over £23m Loyalty Debt