Manchester United have reportedly come to a financial agreement with Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez according to reports.
Over the past 24 hours, United have been linked with a surprise move for Sanchez, who has less than six months remaining on his contract at the Emirates Stadium.
Since the summer, it has appeared that Manchester City was the most likely destination for Sanchez, who has previously worked with Pep Guardiola at Barcelona, but according to Sky Sport Italia, United have moved closer to securing the 29-year-old’s signature.
City were initially said to favour signing Sanchez on a free transfer in the summer, but the Premier League leaders may have to match United’s offer – said to be in the region of £25m – to discuss terms with the Chilean attacker.
Earlier on Friday, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger claimed that Sanchez’s future was ‘still uncertain’, suggesting that it was possible that the player could leave the Gunners before the end of the month.
Sanchez was only named on the bench for Wednesday’s EFL Cup fixture with Chelsea.
- Breaking: Sanchez Agrees Four-year PSG Contract
- Manchester United Complete Alexis Sanchez Deal TODAY
- Alexis Sanchez to Man City reports gathering steam – APROKOPIKIN
- Alexis Sanchez To Make Manchester United Debut Against Burnley
- BREAKING: Manchester United Making Move For Alexis Sanchez
- Ryan Giggs – Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez would boost Manchester United