Reigning Spanish and European League champions Real Madrid, are reportedly planning for the signing of Manchester United first choice goalkeeper David De Gea.
According to the report by AS, Los Blancos are ready to make the the 27-year-old Spaniard the highest paid goalkeeper in the world.
Real Madrid are desperate to replace current first choice goalie Keylor Navas, but saw their pursuit of Athletico Bilbao’s Kepa Arrizabalaga stall, as he signed a seven-year extension.
The Spanish giants are now ready to submit a £87 million summer deal for De Gea.
But it is not yet clear if Manchester United chiefs would want to lose De Gea who has been superb for the Premier League club.
He still has next season left on his current £200,000-a-week deal before an option for a further 12 months kicks in.
Real Madrid have had a deplorable season so far in the Spanish La Liga and were bungled out of the Copa Del Rey on Wednesday night, January 24.
Zidane’s men won the first leg of the clash 1- at Las Palmas but a surprise 1-2 away victory, kept the game 2-2 on aggregate and it was enough to ensure that Leganes qualified for the semi final of the Copa Del Rey.
- BREAKING: Potential Man Utd Deal For 28-Year-Old Star Now Completely Scuppered
- Man Utd ready to make Barca star the most expensive signing – APROKOPIKIN
- Man United sign 18-year-old Goalkeeper
- Morata’s Agent Juanma Lopez Confirms Man Utd Offer
- DONE DEAL? Real Madrid fullback Danilo Agrees Chelsea Contract
- Real Madrid president set to break bank for Premier League star