Manchester City star Leroy Sane has identified a Manchester United defender as the toughest opponent he has faced in the Premier League.
Sane has had a wonderful season for the league leaders, scoring eight goals and providing 11 assists in just 23 Premier League appearances this season.
These figures are a marked improvement to those of his debut season in England last year, where he only scored five and created three goals for his teammates.
Speaking in an interview with Jamie Redknapp for Sky Sports, the 22-year-old was asked who was the toughest defender he had faced during his time in the Premier League, and he had a surprising answer:
“It was before when I was playing against Kyle Walker. And Crystal Palace’s right-back Timothy Fosu-Mensah.
“I have played against him twice this season, and even last season, he had me really well under control and I told him how happy I was to play against him.”
Fosu-Mensah has spent the season on loan at Crystal Palace, where he moved to work with former Ajax boss Frank de Boer. However, despite the Dutchman being sacked after just five league games, the youngster has continued to impress under Roy Hodgson, where he has made 20 appearances.
- Lukaku Leaves First Lasting Impression As Man Utd Down City – Big Night
- Neymar has spoken to friends about possible summer move to Man Utd
- See What Sir Alex Ferguson Said About Jose Mourinho (Message To Man Utd Fans)
- Mourinho Frustrated As Man Utd Failed To Sign This Two Players
- Good News For Man Utd Fans As Two Players Fit Ahead Of Liverpool Showdown
- Man Utd And Arsenal Top List Of Most Successful Clubs in England (See Full 20)