Juventus v Barcelona: Champions League preview
Two-time Champions League winners Juventus host five-time winners Barcelona in the first leg of their quarter-final tie at the Juventus Stadium on Tuesday night.
Barcelona progressed to the final eight after one of the greatest comebacks in European football history. Luis Enrique’s side suffered a 4-0 defeat in the first leg of their round of 16 tie at Paris Saint Germain. Three weeks later, the Catalans beat PSG 6-1 at the Nou Camp to win the tie 6-5. Three of Barcelona’s six goals came after the 88th minute.
Juventus reached the quarter-final after a 3-0 aggregate win over FC Porto. Paulo Dybala scored the winner in the second leg to kill off the tie.
Serie A leaders Juventus head into the match with one win in their last three, Saturday’s 2-0 victory over Chievo, courtesy of a Gonzalo Higuain brace.
Barcelona missed the chance to move level on points with La Liga leaders Real Madrid on Saturday after suffering a 2-0 defeat at Malaga.
The sides last met in the 2015 final when Barcelona won 3-1 with goals from Ivan Rakitic, Luis Suarez and Neymar. Alvaro Morata scored for Juve.
Mario Manduzkic is back in training following a knee injury and could feature in the match day squad.
Teenager Moise Kean is likely to miss out with an ankle injury while Marko Pjaca is out with an ACL injury.
Dani Alves could face his former side.
Sergio Busquets will serve a one-match suspension.
Rafinha and Aleix Vidal are long-term absentees for Enrique’s side.
Juventus predicted line-up
Barcelona predicted line-up
- UEFA Champions League final could be played under closed roof
- Neymar Asks UEFA To Expel Barcelona From Champions League Over £23m Loyalty Debt
- Neymar Scored Two As Barcelona Defeat Juventus 2-1 In Pre-season Friendly
- Juventus tell Barcelona their ridiculous asking price for Paulo Dybala
- Cristiano Ronaldo celebrates Champions League win with a new haircut – APROKOPIKIN
- Ronaldo, Messi Buffon make Champions League squad of the season (See full team)