INEC maintains April date for continuous voter’s registration
Yakubu said that the exercise would be held throughout the 774 Local Government Areas of the country Nigeria
The following are what have been stated below,
“ No date has been fixed yet because we are going to consult again with the Resident Electoral Commissioners and Administrative Secretaries to sort out two things.
“We said April and I assure you that it will be done in April at local government level; but no specific date, this will be announced.
‘’The venues and the numbers of machines we are going to use.
“And once we start, it is continuous; it would not end at our local governments.
“It will continue beyond the general elections.’’
Yakubu has advised Nigerians who are of legal age thats 18 years and above to take advantage of the opportunity and not disenfranchise themselves.
He also advised registered voters, who were yet to collect their Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs), to visit the commission’s offices where they registered to obtain them.
The following were said by; the Independent National Electoral Commission has raised the alarm over the illegal registration of voters in Ikorodu, Lagos State.
The state Head of Publicity and Protocol, INEC, Femi Akinbiyi, in a statement, said registration of voters had not begun in the state.
It said, “It has come to the notice of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Lagos State office that some unscrupulous elements in the society have been engaging in illegal registration of voters in Ikorodu Local Government Area of Lagos State.
- Completely Wickedness: Ladies Please Be Mindful Of Who To Date, Man Butchers His Fiancee to Death for Breaking Up with Him
- In April, Inflation Drops Marginally To 17.24% – APROKOPIKIN
- Aprokopikin: Buhari Did Not Bribe Us To Rig The 2015 Presidential Poll, Only Jonathan And His Men Bribed Us With N3 Billion – INEC
- Good News As JAMB Extends Deadline For Registration
- Android O Release Date And Here Are The Smartphones That Will Be Getting Android O
- JAMB Released Date To Begin The Sales Of 2017 Direct Entry, foreign candidates’ forms