“The failure of these candidates to register is unfortunate and the Board hastens to add that this culture of impunity will not be tolerated and indeed penalty may be imposed for late registration in future.
“Candidates are therefore strongly advised to take advantage of the extension to register as request for further extension would not be entertained,” the spokesperson said.
“For emphasis, 2018 UTME registration now closes at midnight of Sunday, 11th February, 2018.”
The board, however, said registration for direct entry candidates continues.
The board had also proposed March 9 to 17 as the date for the examination.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, is a Nigerian entrance examination board for tertiary institutions.
The board is charged with the responsibility to administer similar examinations for applicants to Nigerian public and private universities, monotechnics, polytechnics and colleges of education. All of these candidates must have obtained the West Africa School Certificate, now West Africa Examinations Council, WAEC, or its equivalent, National Examination Council, NECO.
- News Update: JAMB Releases 2017/2018 Cut-Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education
- Good News As NYSC Releases Mobilization Timetable For 2017 Batch B Stream 1
- JAMB releases results of Mock UTME, as 1.7m register for main exam – APROKOPIKIN
- Good News As NYSC To Launch Job Portal Soon
- Good News For Man Utd Fans As Two Players Fit Ahead Of Liverpool Showdown
- Good News For United Fans As Mourinho Confirms Key Man Will Return From Injury Against Spurs