The specifications of the coming 5G network has been officially approved. 3GPP – the organizations that oversees cellular standards, has set the specs for 5G equipment in both towers and smartphone alikes.
So, 5G standards have been set so that network and radio engineers can work on a single platform for all 5G devices. The functions, features, standards and services are set for phone makers, carriers, and radio equipment manufacturers now have a basis to begin to produce and roll out 5G equipment and services to capable networks around the world.
The 3GPP source reveals the technical talk about the new 5G specs. It covers things like system architecture, migration to 4G, network slicing and core network interface.
Many carriers, smartphone makers and component manufacturers, such as: AT&T, Samsung, ZTE, Sprint, Telefonica, Qualcomm, Orange, Sony, Nokia, MediaTek, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Huawei have expressed their excitement for a future with 5G wireless.
- MTN 5G Network To Be Available In Nigeria before 2020
- MTN Launches First 5G Technology In Africa
- See First Phone To Have 5G Network
- Airtel 4G LTE Now Live in Abuja
- MTN To Launch 5G Technology – The First In Africa
- Check Out The Full List Of States In Nigerian With 4G Network Coverage