The Edo ELection tribunal Judgement is currently ongoing.
The court dismisses Respondents’ Motion to strike out Petitioner’s case
Judgement in the Edo State Gubernatorial Elections Petition Tribunal has commenced in Benin City.
The three justices of the Tribunal are seated and reading the judgment.
Justice Ahmed Badamosi, the lead Justice, has just struck out the 3rd respondent’s (APC) prayer to dismiss the Petitioner’s case.
The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu (POI) are the petitioners in this case while All Progressives Congress (APC), Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki and Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) are the respondents in the case.
The Motion of the Petitioners compelling the 2nd and 3rd respondents, namely Godwin Obaseki and APC, on the grounds that they are both one and should file a joint response is hereby refused.
The motion by the 2nd Respondents (Obaseki) that the petition of Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu/PDP lacks merit and be struck out based on the petitioners allegation of corrupt practices has also been refused.
The motion by the 2nd respondent (Obaseki) to dismiss the Petition of Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu /PDP on the ground that Osagie Ize-Iyamu Andrew was not the name known to INEC has also been refused.
Meanwhile judgement is still being read on the other issues for determination
- Anambra Governorship Election: The 7 Titans Battling For PDP’s Ticket
- Excitement after judgement Obaseki, Oshiomhole – Aprokopikin
- Aprokopikin – APC strategises ahead of Anambra governorship poll
- Fani-Kayode Lists 3 ‘Evil Genius’ That Made Jonathan Lose 2015 Election – APROKOPIKIN
- Microsoft Launcher Updates Comes With Cortana Among Other Features
- Oba of Benin to intervene in deposition of Edo monarch – APROKOPIKIN