It was amazing, as the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, accused former Governor, Chibuike Amaechi, and Minister of Transportation of withdrawing N53 billion from the State’s stabilisation fund, without following due process.
There are speculations that the money was withdrawn to fund the All Progressives Congress, APC, 2015 Presidential Campaign, when he was made the Campaign Director.
Wike, who made this shocking disclosure on Thursday, at the Government House, Port Harcourt, when he signed into law five bills passed by the state House of Assembly, stated that Amaechi refused to respect the law, as he indiscriminately withdrew funds from the fund meant for the future.
He condemned the financial recklessness of the immediate past APC administration in the State.
He said: “Between February 12, 2014 and May 27, 2015, they (the immediate past APC administration in the State) withdrew N53 billion from the fund, without passing through due process.
“The State is today suffering from the financial recklessness of that administration, as it squandered State resources through illegal withdrawals.”
He added that, the State University Law Number 4 of 2017, was done to avert the loss of accreditation of several courses by the University, following recent regulations by the National Universities Commission, NUC.
Presenting the five bills to the Governor earlier, the Majority Leader of the State House of Assembly, Martin Amaewhule, said the Assembly passed the five bills, because of its commitment to the development programmes of the State Government.
DSS Set For Major Arrest – Details Of How Amaechi Withdrew N53 Billion In A Single Day, To Fund APC 2015 Presidential Campaign Leaks – Aprokopikin
- How Amaechi knelt to beg for Wike – APC chieftain, Uchendu – APROKOPIKIN
- Aprokopikin: Buhari Did Not Bribe Us To Rig The 2015 Presidential Poll, Only Jonathan And His Men Bribed Us With N3 Billion – INEC
- Terrible: How Bus Driver Caused the Death of a Passenger Just Because of N20 in Katsina
- NYSC Member With A Great Business Idea? Apply For Bank of Industry’s N2 Billion Graduate Entrepreneurship Fund
- BREAKING: Thanks To Buhari’s Great Integrity, Poor Nigerians Can Now Eat Three-Square Meals A Day – APC Shocks The Whole World
- Amaechi Is The Owner of $50million EFCC Found in Lagos Apartment – Fani-Kayode