Nigeria’s first fully digital bank, ALAT by Wema has recently introduced the Virtual Dollar Card to its latest version, ALAT 2.4.
According to the official announcement on the company’s blog, the Virtual Dollar Card comes only in digital form with the usual payment card features – 16-digit card number, cardholder’s name, 3-digit CVV number, expiration date – in order to enable you use it whenever you need to pay online in dollars. Unlike the physical bank cards suited for wallets, this virtual card will reside on the latest version of the app.
More importantly is the function of currency conversion, to convert Naira to Dollar; all you have to do is make a request on the app using the Virtual Dollar Card. The conversion will be automatically made using current bank rate. This rules out the strenuous process of dealing with bureau de change marketers and physical banks.
How to access the Virtual Dollar Card
Log in to ALAT on mobile or web, Select Cards on the Main Menu. Click on ALAT Dollar Card and you’ll be redirected to a settings page where you’ll be required toCreate a New Card. Fill in all information to proceed.
The Virtual Dollar Card can be used for all payments, even on platforms that do not accept Nigerian bank cards.
- The New Mtn Yafun Yafun Sim Card Gives You 8X The Value Of Your Recharge Plus Free WhatsApp
- Hello Nigerians, You Can Now Get Loan of upto N100,000 in Minutes With Etisalat KwikCash
- Naira Now Sells At N400 To Dollar
- New Feature: Now You Can Play YouTube Videos Right Inside WhatsApp
- WhatsApp Latest Feature – You Can Now Re-download Deleted Media
- You Can Now Have Microsoft Edge Browser On Your iPad and Android Tablet