It was seen as a formality. Alexis Sanchez would leave Arsenal for a heavily discounted rate to sign for Manchester City this month. Due to the fact that he’d be available on a free at the end of the season, City would be getting a player worth around £150m in the current market, for around £25m. And Alexis would get to team up with former boss Pep Guardiola.
And this is not a rumour from a dodgy website or tenuous Twitter parody account. The famed transfer authority Gianluca Di Marzio has confirmed the startling development. Di Marzio is respected as probably the most reliable source for such stories, and rarely puts his name to concrete statements without the first-hand information to back it up.
On Thursday afternoon he has confirmed that United are currently in contact with the relevant contacts to push through a dramatic last minute transfer – from under the noses of their city rivals. All we can say is watch this space. What a dramatic turn of events this would be.
— Gianluca Di Marzio (@DiMarzio)January 11, 2018
- Manchester United Complete Alexis Sanchez Deal TODAY
- Alexis Sanchez To Make Manchester United Debut Against Burnley
- Ryan Giggs – Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez would boost Manchester United
- Manchester United Make Fresh Move For Inter Milan Winger
- Alexis Sanchez to Man City reports gathering steam – APROKOPIKIN
- Jose Mourinho Comments After Latest Twist In The Alexis Sanchez Saga